New features in Google Pay for India
○ Instore: We’re expanding the places that accept Google Pay, partnering closely with the largest stores across India, payment technology providers like Pinelabs and Bill Desk, and of course the top Indian banks.
○ Online: Deeper integrations with online merchants including the ability to pay using Google Pay without leaving the merchant’s app, as well as the ability to push things like tickets to Google Pay.
○ Google Ads: Merchants are finding new customers through Google Ads, so we’re also making Google Pay an option there as well. (also use debit cards and PayTM to pay for Google Ads too)
○ Merchant experience: We are building a merchant experience to help these businesses find new customers through Google Maps and send customised notifications to the customers they already have. We’ve been testing out some of these features with merchants in Bangalore and Delhi who run popular salons, kirana stores, and restaurants. Look out for the merchant features coming soon in the next few months.
○ Financial services: We want to make sure that users have enough to cover an emergency or to plan ahead for a big purchase like children’s education. For the vast majority of Indians, it’s often hard to get financing without being compelled to borrow more than needed or produce reams of paperwork. We’re working with a few of India’s top banks (HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Federal Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank) to offer pre-approved, instant loans to their customers, right from within Google Pay. This feature will roll out to eligible users within the next few weeks.
Here is how it works:
■ You will see a notification telling you that you are pre-approved.
■ Next, you decide how much you want to borrow, and how quickly you’d like to repay, so you are always in control.
■ Finally, after reviewing the terms of the loan, the bank will deposit the money in your bank account instantly — no additional paperwork.