ABHED – Alwar Police By Staqu Technologies
June 15, 2017
Gurgaon-based AI research startup Staqu has commissioned a pioneer pilot program ABHED (on May 27, 2017) in association with the Alwar Police Department to assist police personnel in criminal identity registration, crime scene fingerprint matching, and searching missing people. ABHED is basically an app that will use Staqu’s AI prowess, especially in machine learning, for indexing criminal profiles matched with their biometric information.
Called ABHED (Artificial Intelligence Based Human Efface Detection), the app will allow a police officer in Alwar district of Rajasthan to use his/her mobile phone to register a criminal offence or conduct a biometric verification. Additionally, the app can also be used to organize details of missing people.
Let’s have a look at the key highlights of the ABHED app:
- The simplified app’s user interface enables police officers to profile criminals or missing people, including biometric information like fingerprints, voice, and face pictures. The data can also be integrated with the current CCTNS, i.e. Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems.
- As far as the app’s security features are concerned, every police officer will have his/her own login ID and password to use the app for both criminal identity registration and search. The access can be controlled at different levels, with the mobile phone number of a police officer. Additionally, the OTP based logins for both profiling and searching ensure optimum security.
- Criminal search can be performed through FIR, available face images and fingerprints. According to the startup, the ABHED app provides matching details from the criminal database within seconds, and offers better accuracy than any other criminal recognition systemyet launched in the country.
- Optimized for 2G / 3G networks, the app is well-equipped to handle thousands queries per seconds and supports unlimited searches & criminal profiles’ indexing.
- The app is available in both Hindi and English and can be extended to other languages as well in the near future. Note: The ABHED app can only be used by the Alwar Police Department.
Commenting on the launch, Atul Rai, CEO and Co-Founder of Staqu Technologies said, “At Staqu, we are inspired to utilize AI, to solve everyday challenges. With the launch of ABHED, we are utilizing our AI prowess, especially in machine learning, for enabling police forces to digitize and automate profiling & search for criminals and missing people. It has further been a humbling experience to associate with the Alwar Police Department and commission a pioneer pilot program, utilizing AI for nabbing criminals and searching missing people. Given the rising rate of crimes and child trafficking, we hope for a brighter tomorrow, where advanced technology is best deployed to aid security forces.”
On commissioning the pilot program with Staqu, Mr. Rahul Prakash, Superintendent of Police, Alwar Police Department said, “Technology is quickly seeping into our everyday lives and it was only a matter of time before the police department also joined the wave of digitization and innovation. It has been an enriching experience, collaborating with Staqu and commissioning the unique pilot program that helps in maintaining digital records of criminals or missing people, and via advanced technology helps in searching for the same. Not only will the ABHED app assist the patrolling forces, it will also make the entire process easy, seamless and completely digital.”
On the implementation aspects of the launch, Mr. Paras Jain, Additional SP Alwar Police, said, “Our officers are really excited to have such a tool at their disposal. With its ease of searching, our investigation process will become extremely effective.”
Disclaimer: Apps Unveiled team couldn’t able to try the ABHED app as it can only be accessed by the Alwar Police Department. So, the above mentioned information is taken from the Press Release shared by the AI research startup Staqu Technologies.
Google and HTC Corporation announced a definitive agreement under which certai...
QUICK LOOK Launched in India, July 2017 Weight:...
Monetization through surveys becomes, even more easier, profitable and analyti...
U-Dictionary, which has been awarded as the Best Self Improvement app in 2016 ...
Firstly, I would like to thank Apps Unveiled team for getting me in touch with some wonderful apps, which are really very helpful not only for me, but for all......
Generally I am not interested in reading magazines. But when I read this magazine, I felt really happy. I got to know about so many apps from this magazine like:.....
I am happy to share my experience of Travel apps published and showcased in your previous issue of Apps Unveiled. It is amazing to know that so many good apps.....
I have been an app enthusiast ever since I got my first smartphone back in 2011. Finding new and exciting apps and games has been no less than a hassle......
I would like to share my experience of Diwali Apps published in your last month’s issue. I am a college student and was looking for my syllabus books in nearby.....
Just Rs 30 per month