The new Vodafone-SaveLIFE Road Safe mobile app disables calls and push notifications while driving.
Telecom Operator Vodafone has launched “Road Safe” mobile app in partnership with SaveLIFE Foundation, under the ‘Safety in Mobility’ theme, to improve Road Safety in India.
- Distraction Free Driving: To help a driver remain focused on driving, this feature will automatically disable Calls/SMS/Push notifications when vehicle speed is above 10 km/hour.
- Automatic Crash Detector: This feature uses the phone’s accelerometer to detect the sudden drop in vehicle speed, and provides automatic voice enabled emergency response assistance.
- Road Safety Tips: The app includes useful road safety tips and information on Traffic offences and fines. There’s also an option to report harassment from any officer or individual.
- How To Help An Injured Person: A handy guide is included that helps citizens understand how they can help road crash victims.
- In Case of Emergency: There’s also a one-touch dial for emergency services (such as closest hospital, call police), and a feature that will call and SMS to saved emergency contact.