With an aim to facilitate taxpayers with solutions to a range of tax-related issues, the Income Tax Department has introduced a mobile app named ‘Aaykar Setu’. The app offers a slew of services like paying taxes, seeking tax refunds, lodging grievances, applying for a PAN card, and so on.
- Tax Tools: The app includes a variety of calculators that help Income Tax payers calculate HRA, transport allowance, children education & hostel allowance, and all other allowances related to tax payment. One can also calculate Advance tax and TDS.
- Live Chat: The app offers a live chat facility in the form of a ‘Chatbot’ from 10am to 6pm that allows taxpayers to ask queries regarding PAN, TAN, TDS, return filing, refund status and tax payments. Additionally, the app also allows taxpayers to lodge their grievances in the e-Nivaran module of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- PAN/TAN Services: The app allows users to link their PAN card with the 12-digit unique identification number, Aadhaar. Additionally, one can also apply for corrections in PAN card or re-issue of PAN card.
- Receive regular updates: The taxpayer can register his/her mobile number to receive regular updates regarding important tax dates, forms and notifications.
- Tax Gyaan: There is a section named ‘Tax Gyaan’ that is designed to help users learn more about Income Tax via a multi-choice question based game.